This product is available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Great Britain and Ireland only.
License : Academic License
License Type : Single license
Time Limit : 24 months
Proof of Specialist Qualification : Not necessary
Realize your most complex, creative ideas!
Bring 3D film effects to the big screen. Generate realistic characters in a top-selling game. Create rich and complex design visualization. Introduce a new dimension to your school curriculum.
Autodesk® 3ds Max® 8 software builds on our promise to deliver state-of-the-art tools for creative and media professionals. Developed as a total animation package with a deep, productive feature set designed to accelerate workflow, 3ds Max is the leader in 3D animation for game development, design visualization, visual effects, and education.
Push the limits. Create breakthrough next-generation games with Autodesk 3ds Max software.
Film & TV Effects
Blow them away. Create stunning results without sacrificing your schedule or quality.
Render them speechless. Impress your clients and sell your design.
Reach their creative potential. Teach the high-demand 3D skills required by leading games and visual effects companies.
Tackle your most difficult projects. Achieve the results you want in less time. Autodesk® 3ds Max® 8 software provides new asset management, character development, UV mapping, and scripting tools designed to maximize your productivity.
Share, control, and manage your work-in-progress assets using Asset Tracker, our new source control solution compatible with existing asset management solutions.
Create unbelievably realistic models with our industry-leading polygon editing tools. Use our new pelt mapping and relax tools to reduce time spent fine-tuning UV Maps. Craft and refine any 3ds Max animation with the Motion Mixer—non-linear animation mixing is no longer for Biped® functionality only.
Build solid Maxscripts in less time with our new Maxscript debugger. Create custom solutions and plug-ins to build a superior pipeline and improve workflow with our robust, well-documented Software Development Kit (SDK).
Stability and performance are critical issues to any 3D artist. New Edit Poly selection options, improved Trackview performance, and increased character rigging and skinning interactivity continue to enhance performance.
- Intel® Pentium® III or AMD® processor, 500 MHz or higher (dual Intel)
- Xeon® or dual AMD Athlon®or Opteron® 32-bit system recommended)
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- 500 MB swap space (2 GB recommended)
- Graphics card supporting 1024x768x16-bit color with 64 MB RAM (OpenGL® and Direct3D® hardware acceleration supported; 3D graphics accelerator 1280x1024x32-bit color with 256 MB RAM recommended)
- Microsoft® Windows®–compliant pointing device (optimized for Microsoft IntelliMouse®)
- Wacom™ Intuos® or similar pressure-sensitive tablet recommended for vertex paint
- CD-ROM drive
- Optional: sound card and speakers, cabling for TCP/IP-compliant network, 3D hardware graphics acceleration, video input and output devices, joystick, MIDI instruments, three-button mouse
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Home Edition (SP1), or Windows 2000 (SP4)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6
- DirectX® 9.0c (required), OpenGL (optional)
Students, Faculty and Schools save up to 85% from commercial retail prices.
Submit your own review of this product!